ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF
SUNSET SANDS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
(AS AMENDED JULY 10, 1971)
PACIFIC COUNTY, WASHINGTON
We, the undersigned persons, acting as incorporator's of a corporation under the provisions of the Washington Nonprofit
adopt the following Articles of Incorporation for said corporation:
The name of this corporation shall be SUNSET SANDS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION.
The period of duration of the corporation shall be in perpetuity.
The purposes for which this corporation shall exist are:
1. This corporation does not contemplate pecuniary gain or pro¬fit for itself or its members.
2. To act for and on behalf of the members in respect of platted portions of the following described tracts of real property
located in Pacific County, Washington, and described as follows:
Those certain subdivisions described on the plats of Sunset Sands Division #1 and Sunset Sands Division #2 as shown
on plats recorded at pages 8, 9, and 10 of Volume J, and pages 19, 20, 21, and 22 of Volume J of Plats in the land records
of Pacific County, Washington.
Together with such additional subdivisions of real property as may be similarly platted as a division of Sunset Sands and
which may be approved by resolution of the board of directors for inclusion with¬in the purposes of this corporation, all of
which subdivisions shall be collectively referred to herein as Sunset Sands.
3. To provide and enforce a set of rules to govern the use and improvement of platted portions of Sunset Sands, whether
owned by this corporation or not.
4. To acquire and hold title or leasehold interest to private roadways, other common areas, and community recreational
and other facilities in platted portions of Sunset Sands.
5. To acquire, build, improve, maintain and dedicate for public use, roadways, utility services and other improvements of
the common areas as needed for the benefit of residential lots.
6. To fix, establish, levy and collect such dues, charges, and assessments as may be necessary in the judgment of the
Board of Directors to carry out any or all of the purposes for which this corporation is formed.
7. To expend the monies collected by the corporation from dues, charges, assessments and other sums received for the
payment and dis¬charge of costs, expenses and obligations incurred by this corporation in carrying out any or all of the
purposes for which the corporation is formed.
8. To enforce liens, charges, restrictions, conditions, and covenants existing upon or created for the benefit of any portion
of platted portions of Sunset Sands.
9. To pay taxes and assessments, which may be levied by any public authority upon any of the common areas of Sunset
Sands including the improvements thereon.
10. To do any and all lawful things which may be advisable, proper, authorized or permitted to be done by this corporation
under and by virtue of any restrictions, conditions, covenants or laws affecting Sunset Sands or any portions thereof,
including areas now or hereafter dedicated to public use; and to do and perform any and all acts which may be either
necessary for, or incidental to, the exercise of any of the foregoing powers or for the peace, health, comfort, safety or
general welfare of the owners of property in Sunset Sands.
11. To exercise any and all of the powers permitted to non-profit corporations by the laws of the State of Washington as
the same exist on the date hereof, and any subsequent amendments thereof, except that this corporation shall not lend
money or sell, convey, mortgage, pledge, lease, exchange, transfer or otherwise encumber or dispose of all or any part of
the common areas of Sunset Sands.
1. This corporation shall have no capital stock.
2. The qualifications necessary for membership in this corporation, the voting and other rights and privileges of each
member, as well as the liability of each member for dues and assessments, and all such other matters necessary and
proper to carry out the purposes for which the corporation is formed shall be as set forth in these Articles of Incorporation
and in the By-Laws of the corporation.
3. The members of this corporation shall at all times hereafter be one class of members, each of whom shall be an owner
or purchaser of a residential lot within Sunset Sands, in accordance with the By-Laws of the corporation.
4. One membership and the certificate evidencing the same shall be inseparably appurtenant to each such platted
residential lot. Upon transfer of ownership or contract for sale of any such lot, membership and certificate of membership
shall ipso facto be deemed to be transferred to the grantee or contract purchaser. No membership or certificate of
membership may be transferred, assigned or conveyed in any manner other than in the manner set forth herein and in the
By-Laws of the corporation. In the event of the death of a member, the member¬ship and certificate of membership of
such deceased member shall be and become the property of the personal representative of such deceased member upon
appointment and qualification as such in a judicial proceeding, and thereafter such personal representative shall have all
of the rights, privileges and liabilities of such member until title to said lot and certificate shall be transferred or
contracted to be transferred as provided herein and in the By-Laws of the corporation.
5. A member shall have one vote for each lot of which he is the owner or contract purchaser, but in the election of
directors the principles of cumulative voting shall apply to the end that each member shall have that number of votes
which is the number of directors/vacancies to be filled, and each member may cast such number of votes for each
nominee as such member may determine.
The authority to adopt and to amend By-Laws of this corporation shall be vested in its members, acting at a meeting of
members called as provided by law.
The address of the initial registered office of the corporation is Suite 916, Washington Building, 1019 Pacific Avenue,
Tacoma, Washington, 98402, and the name of its initial registered agent at such address is Mr. Richard Rave.
The number of directors constituting the initial Board of Directors is three (3) and the name and address of the persons
who are to serve as the initial directors are as follows:
1. Richard A. Rave 916 Washington Bldg., Tacoma, Wash. 98402
2. John W. Maher 916 Washington Bldg., Tacoma. Wash. 98402
3. Herbert I. McLean 1220 St. Paul Ave., Tacoma, Wash. 98401
The name and address of each incorporator is as follows:
1. Richard A. Rave 916 Washington Bldg. , Tacoma, Wash. 98402
2. John W. Maher 916 Washington Bldg. , Tacoma, Wash. 98402
3. Herbert I. McLean 1220 St. Paul Ave., Tacoma, Wash. 98401
In the event of the dissolution or final liquidation of this corporation, each member at such time shall, for each lot then
owned by him, receive his pro-rata share of the net assets remaining after all of the debts of the corporation have been
END OF ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Copyright © 2008 Sunset Sands Community Association. All Rights Reserved.
|Articles of Incorporation
|Sunset Sands Community Association